We have a current opportunity for an AML Analyst on a permanent basis. The position will be based in London.
The ideal candidate will have a law degree (LPC preferred), over one year AML experience within a law firm and/or some knowledge of AML and CDD.
Main responsibilities include:
- Review and assess the AML and reputational risk associated with new client matters and requests.
- Interact with partners and fee earners to collect documents to complete CDD successfully.
- Perform client due diligence and screening for PEPs, Sanctions, Adverse Media, utilising several trusted sources.
- Provide AML advice and support to internal stakeholders.
- Perform investigations where there are ML/CTF suspicions regarding clients and/or matters and escalate findings clearly for internal review by the AML Compliance Manager.
- Periodically evaluate existing client working with Partners and Fee Earners in order to keep CDD and risk assessments on client files up to date.
- Assist with any other AML Compliance matters or projects.
- Screening alerts making a determination on true or false matches, escalating if required.
- A Bachelor's degree is required (2:1 or above preferred).
- A law degree (LPC preferred).
- Strong understanding of AML/CTF requirements and financial crime risks associated with the industry.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Relevant AML experience within an international law firm (minimum 1 years' experience).
- Team player that can adapt to fast-paced environments.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- A recognised AML/Compliance qualification is desirable.
- Good time management skills.
- Driven by a strong personal sense of integrity and upholds exemplary quality standards.
- Hardworking and diligent with a keen sense of understanding of client demands.
- Demonstrates composure when dealing with difficult situations.
- Always creates a positive impression.
- Respectful to others.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.