Excellent opportunity to become the UK Sole Counsel, reporting into the MD and based in Huddersfield, the role offers a very broad range of work, from commercial, IP, IT, competition and life sciences.
You will have a good background in commercial law gained from either private practice or in-house. Previous experience of contracts in life sciences would be helpful but is by no means a pre-requisite; as we are primarily looking for an enthusiastic lawyer with a can do attitude, who enjoys working as part of a team.
This opportunity will provide an astute commercial lawyer with a broad role to challenge their business acumen, whilst working for a leading global player in a supportive and collaborative environment. The wider group will also provide active support and a positive environment for you to learn and develop as a lawyer.
This role would suit a commercial lawyer who is looking for a fresh challenge at a global organisation.
You will support a diverse business and your workload is likely to be varied, and will include: drafting and negotiating supply agreements, contract manufacturing agreements, distribution agreements, in-licensing agreements and development agreements.
Additionally, experience in company secretarial work and knowledge and experience of corporate work such as share and asset sale agreements is an added bonus but not a pre-requisite for this role.
What will my responsibilities be?
- Drafting and negotiating multiple forms of commercial contracts throughout the regions.
- Providing strategic and practical advice to senior leadership and in-country management on commercial matters generally.
- Managing distributor and customer contracting process,
- Managing direct and indirect procurement contracting process, to include contract drafting and negotiation, as well as providing strategic advice and direction on global distributor contracting policy, due diligence evaluation and other anti-corruption procedures.
- Drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements, including purchasing of finished pharmaceutical products, contracts for services, IT procurement and software licenses.
- Assist with the negotiation and drafting of multiple forms of agreements with health care professionals and others.
- Provide strategic advice and direction on global policy and procedure for review of advertising and promotional materials, as well as substantive review of such materials across all product lines.
- Assist on due diligence and other activities related to M&A and licensing transactions.
- Developed a strong understanding of the data protection regime and advise on all data protection matters.
- Work closely with other members of the Group international legal team and external counsel on other legal matters as needed, such as intellectual property protection, corporate governance matters, and assisting in the design and implementation of contracting procedures and processes and risk management programs.
- Anticipate, guard, and advise against legal risks involving company business.
- Participate in all reasonable work activities as may be deemed suitable and assigned.
- Conform to, support, and enforce all company policies and procedures.
- Develop and manage the contracts database
- Providing legal support and case management in respect of employment law matters as they arise from time to time.
- Provide additional legal support to other UK affiliates of the Group from time to time.
- Advising on company secretarial and corporate law matters would be an added bonus but not a pre-requisite for this role.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- English qualified commercial lawyer with 4-8 PQE.
- Good knowledge and understanding of English law, including in particular contract law and competition law, and the practical aspects of contract negotiation.
- Strong communication skills; a highly motivated team player; analytical, professional and proactive.
- Ability to deal confidently and build strong relationships with all levels of the organisation, as a business partner.
- Demonstrate a willingness to develop an in-depth understanding of the business undertaken by the company and the key drivers of all stakeholders in contract negotiations.
- Excellent academic record.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.