CHIEF LEGAL OFFICER, OIL AND GAS, UAE
We have been exclusively retained to represent a UAE Sovereign Wealth Fund (SWF), in their need for a new Chief Legal and Compliance Officer. The SWF owns the asset entirely (as well as many others in their portfolio) in the field of energy, oil and gas. Operating across integrated streams, their operations concentrate on the Middle East and Africa.
ROLE: Reporting the CEO, you'll head legal and compliance work, managing a small team, handling day to day operational issues, larger projects and investment deals, as well as leading meetings and reporting up to the SWF parent company.
CANDIDATE: There are some key criteria for the role:
- Ideal candidates will have trained and qualified (or have experience of working for) a top international law firm.
- It's essential that you have experience of working in a leading global, international environment (whether it be law firm or in-house).
- You're going to need to be either an oil and gas lawyer, or have worked in-house within a related and comparable energy, projects or heavy industry.
- Experience working with or for a IOC / NOC is going to be hugely valuable, especially if that has been in the Middle East.
- In order to fulfil the seniority of the role, you'll need 15+ PQE.
- Whilst Middle East experience is not mandatory, it's going to have significant sway in what will be a very competitive selection process.
These kinds of C-Suite roles are very rare, do get in touch to discuss and receive a full and detailed job description.
Please note that the jobs advertised here may represent just a selection of all the in-house roles we have running across the Middle East, Turkey and Africa region from our hub office in Dubai. To have a full overview of all the international roles available right now, please visit our constantly updated website at www.taylorroot.com
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.