The leading US Law Firm is seeking a Conflicts Analyst to become an integral part of their Hong Kong office.
- Conducting Conflicts of Interest searches on all parties involved in prospective new matters.
- Searching for parties' parents and subsidiaries using various external databases.
- Reviewing new matter memos to ensure that procedures and guidelines for the creation of new client/matters have been followed.
- Interacting with lawyers and secretaries to assist in conflicts search submission and processing.
- Validating the requirements for the conflicts check is accurate from the information provided by the lawyer through the conflicts system.
- For lateral attorney candidates, communicating with the Recruiting team and General Counsel regarding complete and accurate client and related parties information.
- Follow leadership guidance to ensure work is addressed in the most efficient order.
- Assist leadership, firm lawyers and staff with training and navigation of conflicts workflow platform.
- Collaborate with new matter intake team on submissions and reactivation of matters.
- Working with team members and leadership to support the completion of special projects, as assigned.
You will have:
- Associates or Bachelor's degree and relevant work experience preferred.
- Records Services and/or Conflicts experience within a law firm using conflicts software and research databases
- Knowledge of conflicts search techniques in a global law firm.
- Proper assessment of entity and party names required for searching
- Detailed search term entry, comprehensive analysis to ensure capture of possible name variations and formats
- You must know how to prioritize, organize and take initiative to meet the needs of users effectively.
- You must be able to work independently, efficiently and under the pressure of multiple competing deadlines
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.