CORPORATE COUNSEL, MID TO SENIOR, MAJOR INVESTMENT COMPANY, DUBAI
We work very closely with this Dubai based client, and have helped them build a new legal department over the last 5 years. With a reputation for quality of work and an excellent team, they are now seeking another lawyer.
ROLE: The position will sit in a medium sized team and the flow of work and level of responsibility will be strong. You will report directly to the General Counsel and work along other mid-level and senior lawyers, handling large scale corporate M&A, re-structuring, capital markets, regulatory, compliance and corporate governance, as well as a breadth of general commercial and assorted matters. Deal flow (both regional and international) will be regular and keep you interested at all times. The nature and size of the transactions will likely be comparable or equal to any law firm work you will find in the region.
CANDIDATE: There are some guideline criteria for the role:
- You'll need a PQE of between 3-12 in order to fit best into the team structure.
- Ideal candidates will come from a corporate transactional background.
- Other core practice areas may also be considered such as finance, capital markets, corporate real estate or funds.
- Any additional in-house work will be valued, especially if it has broadened out your experience into governance, finance, real estate or restructuring.
- The most important attribute is that you've been trained and qualified through a strong law firm route (preferably a well recognised US / UK firm).
- Strong candidates based outside the Middle East can certainly be considered.
This is a superb role and organisation, please do get in touch to discuss the role and receive a detailed job description.
Please note that the jobs advertised here may represent just a selection of all the in-house roles we have running across the Middle East, Turkey and Africa region from our hub office in Dubai. To have a full overview of all the international roles available right now, please visit our constantly updated website at www.taylorroot.com
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.