GENERAL COUNSEL, INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND COMMODITIES, DUBAI
CLIENT: Our client is a niche global commodity trading company, with multiple offices and expansion plans. They are now looking for a new General Counsel to lead a small Dubai based team, oversee Geneva and Singapore, and assist with a wide variety of work.
ROLE: You will take a lead on all legal matters, supporting wider business teams on new projects and transactions, international commodity dealings (including both crude and refined products), as well as conforming with laws and regulations. The role will encompass a blend of running deals, whilst ensuring compliance, regulatory and corporate governance requirements are met to international standards. The role will be based in Dubai but look after Middle East, European and Asian assets and projects.
CANDIDATE: There are some key criteria to consider, in terms of needs:
* Civil or common law qualified, with a preference towards UK / US.
* 10+ PQE with a top education and law firm or recognised in-house training.
* Experience or training from a developed financial market such as the US, Europe or APAC.
* Industry exposure, or client exposure to either oil and gas, or energy commodities trading, and preferably both.
* Strong candidates from outside the region are invited to apply, but those already in the UAE would be preferred.
This is a really great role for a senior lawyer based in the region right now, looking to make a move in-house (from practice) or seeking to change from their current in-house trading or O&G role. Also fantastic for candidates based outside the Middle East to make a move to Dubai.
Please do get in touch for a discussion about it.
Please note that the jobs advertised here may represent just a selection of all the in-house roles we have running across the Middle East, Turkey and Africa region from our hub office in Dubai. To have a full overview of all the international roles available right now, visit our constantly updated website at www.taylorroot.com
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.