£90000 - £120000 per annum + Bonus
8 months ago
A major news and media disruptor across print, online and mobile seeks a Global Privacy Counsel to lead and manage data protection for the Group.
The individual will be responsible for ensuring that the business operations maintain compliance with all applicable data protection laws and an appropriate and robust control environment over their wider information assets. including the following tasks:
- Evaluating and advising on risks associated with data processing operations and wider information security including monitoring the technical and organisational measures in place to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risks presented by data processing operations and the nature of the personal data or other sensitive information to be protected.
- Develop strategic thinking and driving forward projects and initiatives to implement new data protection legislative requirements including the proposed EU Regulation across Group operations
- Qualified Lawyer, ideally 4+ years advising on privacy
- Expertise in national and European data protection laws and practices and an in-depth understanding of the GDPR. IAPP CIPP/E or similar would be advantageous.
- Excellent academics and training.
- Ideally some line management or mentoring experience
- A proven track record in privacy programme management or other change management process.
- Excellent soft skills - the ability to develop strong relationships with other members of the legal team and our business partners is essential.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.