11 months ago
The company is a global player in the commodities industry, and Singapore is a key hub as their regional APAC headquarters. An exceptional opportunity is available for an experienced shipping and commodities lawyer to head up the regional legal function team.
You will provide a full range of legal advice and support and oversee all legal matters and related activities of the group and its subsidiary companies throughout the APAC region concerning the daily management of operations including permits and commercial matters.
You are an experienced shipping and/or commodities trading lawyer with at least 10-15 years' experience and have worked at a top-tier law firm and/or in an in-house legal role at a leading financial institution or within the commodities industry.
- Lead the business on all aspects of transactions in the APAC region including the preparation of term sheets, selection of and instructing external counsel in connection with the negotiation and preparation of transaction documents (such as sale and purchase agreements and shareholders agreement).
- Oversee all legal matters and related activities of the group and its subsidiary companies throughout the APAC region concerning the daily management of company operations including permits and trading business
- Provide updates to the wider legal team on legal and political developments in the APAC region
- Provide legal advice and support to other corporate departments in respect of compliance matters including employment and HR matters.
- Liaise and maintain good relationships and networks with external counsel across the APAC region.
- Provide legal advice and support to various trading divisions across the APAC region in relation to their day to day trading contracts and business with third parties.
- Qualified in a common law jurisdiction with at least 10-15+ years' PQE experience in the maritime and/or commodities trading/marketing law
- Experience in trading companies
- Strong ability to form and maintain relationships
- Commercial approach to legal issues
- Passion and experience in business and business-building
- Knowledge and experience in Commercial/Contract Law
To comply with local laws, our Singapore office EA Licence No is: 17S8475.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.