This international law firm is looking for a Head of Risk to join their team on a 12 month FTC.
The main purpose of this role is to champion a culture of ethics and legal and regulatory compliance throughout the firm, across all offices in all jurisdictions. The aim is to ensure firm-wide compliance with the firm's legal and regulatory obligations by putting into place the required policies, systems, assessments, registers, controls, support and training.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that the team are acting in compliance with the latest legal and regulatory requirements across all relevant jurisdictions.
- Responsible for the contracts relating to the software utilised by the Business Intake Team.
- Run bespoke legal and regulatory projects.
- Assist with Lexcel, CQS and any Quality Assurance Standards
- Provide advice, guidance and assistance to the COLP/COFA, MLRO/MLCO and the Management Committee.
- Write the internal governance reports for the Executive, Board and MLRO/MLCO
To be successful in this role you must be familiar with Anti-Money Laundering Legislation and Conflict Rules and be experienced and confident in answering complex queries, assisting the business intake team and liaising directly with the partners/fee earners. You must also have previous law firm experience and ideally, be legally qualified.
This role can be based in the London, Manchester, Exeter or Birmingham office with the expectation to be in the office 2 days per week.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.