A leading Insurance Company is looking to appoint a Commercial Legal Counsel in London on a 15-month contract. This is an exciting opportunity to join a reputable and rapidly expanding organisation and to be a key player in future growth.
You will join a small legal team, will contribute to the efficient running of the legal function and be the first point of contact to negotiate and manage all incoming commercial contracts for the Group. You will report directly to the General Counsel.
Duties will include:
Acting as the first point of contact on all incoming commercial contracts to be reviewed;
- Negotiating best terms on all contracts with the main focus being on the implications to the Group and awareness of appropriate terms;
- Contract reviews include (but are not limited to) Binders, Terms of Business Agreements (TOBAs), Software Licences, IT contracts, Service Level Agreements and Executive Service Agreements/Long Term Incentive Plans;
- Liaising with finance, operations, risk and compliance and client money experts if necessary to ensure legal terms in commercial contracts are sufficient;
- Producing and reviewing legal documentation to mirror operational procedure and requirements under regulatory/legal aspects;
- Managing the roll out and implementation of the contract management process;
You will have trained and qualified at a Reputable Law firm or In-house organisation and have a minimum of 3 years' PQE. You will have solid experience drafting, amending and reviewing a breadth of commercial contracts. You will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, acting with a degree of independence whilst being part of a supportive and collegiate culture. You must have the flexibility and drive to support a multidisciplinary team with a solutions-based attitude.
Previous experience in insurance is desirable but not essential.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.