- Rare opportunity for a senior lawyer to transition into an inhouse role
- Exposure to both Singapore and regional corporate commerical, transactional and regulatory matters
- Play a significant role as part of a growing regional business
Our client is an established commodities player with a strong global presence. An exceptional opportunity is now available for a senior lawyer to be part of the regional team, providing legal counsel and advice on regional legal activities for the Company and its subsidiaries.
This is an excellent opportunity for a lawyer in private practice to transition into an in-house role.
- Provide legal and risk management advice to the company, its operating companies and joint-ventures throughout the region
- Implementation of legislation, policies and guidelines , in order to ensure that the companies comply with numerous and complex laws and regulations of the countries in which they operate and to minimize the legal risk.
- Responsible for the negotiation, drafting and review of various types of contracts
- Provide in-house legal advice and support for all matters of business and commercial dealing, including (but not limited to) investments, divestments, financings, mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures
- Responsible for managing and supervision of external counsel
- Provide legal advice and other legal support in the area of corporate governance, other areas of law and compliance to the management.
- Advise on the initiation, defense and settlement of claims, demands and litigation throughout the Region;
- Assist in matters of corporate governance; supervise and ensure proper filing of corporate records
- Assist in developing training materials and deliver training to employees and vendors on corporate policies, claims and contract review policies and procedures.
- Common-law qualified lawyer with at least 8-10+ years' pqe
- 3-4 years' experience as an in-house legal counsel within the energy, commodities or natural resources industries will be well-regarded.
- A proven record of commercial awareness with high-quality contribution to business strategy and delivery
To comply with local laws, our Singapore office EA Licence No is: 17S8475.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.