LEGAL COUNSEL (EMPLOYMENT) - MANCHESTER (HYBRID WORKING)
We are working with a global financial services business who are looking to recruit a 4+ PQE employment lawyer to join their team in Manchester.
As part of your role you will be responsible for:
* Being responsible for advice and counsel on: recruiting talent; drafting employment contracts; enforceability of restrictive covenants and other legal obligations relevant to departing employees or new hires; practical issues arising in connection with a TUPE transfer; disciplinary action; disability and other discrimination matters; terminations of employment, including redundancies (both individual and collective); and managing external counsel on Employment Tribunal claims;
* Proactively identifying risk issues and/or potential process improvements, then recommending solutions;
* Reviewing bonus and other remuneration plans and drafting any necessary amendments;
* Providing training on employment law to the HR function;
* Advising the HR function on responding to grievances which appear likely to result in legal disputes;
* Assisting the HR function on employment law issues arising on the relocation of employees into or out of the United Kingdom;
* Working with external counsel (especially on transactional or litigation matters), demonstrating appropriate management of cost.
* Qualified as a solicitor or barrister in England and Wales with 4+ PQE in employment law
* The ability to provide practical, timely solutions to business partners;
* Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritise accordingly;
* Experience in providing advice on enforceability of restrictive covenants and handbook / policy matters;
* The ability to advise on legal issues and deal with senior stakeholders;
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you also can choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.