A leading financial services organisation is looking for a Commercial Legal Counsel on a 12 month fixed term contract. The role can be fully remote.
The successful candidate will be offered interesting work combined with a great working environment with a strong family feel and plenty of opportunities for development and growth.
Key duties include:
- Provide both project and day-to-day legal advice to a variety of stakeholders including the Data, Commercial, Procurement and Product teams.
- Lead on contract negotiations, working closely with the Procurement team to negotiate contractual terms with a range of suppliers (including IT, Marketing, Recruitment, External Legal) advising on associated legal risk and ensuring compliance with regulation (such as the outsourcing/operational resilience requirements).
- Review and revise product documentation including terms and conditions, supporting documents and marketing material.
- Work closely with the Commercial team, including assisting with LIBOR transition work and commercial security reviews.
- Assist in the management of complaints and claims, working closely with colleagues in the Customer Services team.
- Provide supervision and support to other team members, including supervision of more junior colleagues, and support where colleagues require a second opinion.
- Proactively partner with assigned areas of the business to provide legal support, and prepare a regular legal update to be shared with the business on a monthly basis.
Commercial contract and negotiating skills are essential. Experience of working in a regulated environment (such as financial services) would be advantageous, along with previous data protection or outsourcing experience. The successful candidate will have an interest in regulatory issues and will keep on top of legal developments. You will be at least a Newly Qualified UK solicitor (or commonwealth equivalent) who has at least 6 months Commercial experience (a training seat is fine).
If the role is of interest, please apply now!
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.