My client, a Top Tier Financial Services Institution is looking for a Market Risk Business Analyst to join their Interest Rate product team. This is a PAYE contract role based in London.
- Assist in successful functional implementation and testing. Provide the necessary oversight and support. Lead discussion of and challenge, where necessary, business and technical decisions.
- Ensure cohesiveness and delivery of functional, system and UAT testing. Own issues and their resolution. Escalate appropriately both internally and externally to ensure projects and the programme are efficient and on track.
- Close liaison with other members of the project team, keeping them updated on testing progress and planning for success.
- Timely and accurate analysis of risk issues.
- Contribute to improvements in existing risk management techniques and processes through the application of advanced quantitative methods.
- Challenge the status quo and identify and implement cross functional efficiencies to speed up and reduce the cost of future projects and programmes.
- Represent Risk Implementation at working groups as appropriate; demonstrate sound judgement and decision making. Set agendas where necessary and define key objectives and deliverables.
- Advise and guide senior members of business silos making recommendations regarding approach, practicalities of implementation, process improvement and automation.
- Strong Market Risk Business Analyst experience
- Excellent conceptual / technical knowledge of financial risk management techniques, in particular relating to interest rate products.
- Highly numerate with a degree in quantitative finance, mathematics, economics or science-related disciplines, preferably at least Masters level.
- In-depth financial markets and products experience, either within risk management, within an investment bank or similar.
- Knowledge of interest rate and/or credit products, including experience in pricing, risk management and analysis.
- Experience of product development lifecycle.
- Excellent numerical competency.
- Advanced Excel and programming competency, in particular VBA, SQL
Please send your CV to email@example.com
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.