San Francisco, California
about 1 year ago
Our client is a next generation entertainment company who are now looking for their first Privacy Director to shape and roll out their privacy program globally. You will have the necessary experience to drive the process to ensure that the company stays in compliance and responds to any data breaches (or better yet, help keep them from happening). This role sits within operations, rather than legal, and while qualified privacy attorneys would be a good fit, you would need to have extensive experience working with engineering and be comfortable sitting in the operations team.
In this role you will:
- Ensure that the company stays in compliance with regulations such as GDPR and COPPA.
- Oversee and influence change necessary to achieve privacy compliance objectives and foster a data privacy culture across the organization.
- Coordinate responses to data breaches and other unauthorized disclosures of personal data.
- Lead the audit processes around the internal uses of personal data to ensure compliance with the company's policies and applicable regulations.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM) and Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (CIPP/E); nice to have: Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional (CCEP).
- 6+ years of experience as a Privacy Leader at an internet, e-commerce, social, or gaming company.
- Able to lead cross-functional teams consisting of engineering, business operations, financial and legal stakeholders.
- Experienced with project/program management and able to keep multiple concurrent deliverables moving forward on schedule.
The SR Group (US), Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.