Reporting to the firms Chief Information Security Officer and working as part of a team of 4 the successful Privacy Lawyer will be responsible for providing in-house support on data privacy matters and implementing the firm's
ongoing privacy programme.
- Providing in-house legal advice on all privacy matters that relate to the firm's practice, including liaising with
the firm's Privacy Partner and General Counsel and overseas offices;
- Devising and maintaining the firm's data privacy policies and procedures and working to ensure the firm's
systems are designed and developed in a way to minimise privacy-related risks;
- Designing and delivering internal training in relation to the firm's own approach to data privacy, providing
tailored guidance and rolling out regular firm-wide communications across the firm;
- Engaging in the drafting, negotiating and reviewing of the data privacy aspects of agreements with clients
and 3rd parties, including suppliers;
- Drafting and advising on data privacy documentation such as data sharing and transfer agreements, data
privacy impact and legitimate interests assessments;
- Managing the firm's response to individual rights requests;
- Supporting the work of the firm's Information
- In-house legal experience is preferred but not essential;
- Strong knowledge and experience of the data privacy environment and legal and regulatory regime in England and Wales;
This is an excellent opportunity to work at one of the worlds most prestigious firms as in either a Part Time of flexible capacity.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.