A position in the commercial property team of a City firm to be the sole organiser of SDLT and Land Registration transactions has arisen.
Working closely with the commercial property team you will be solely responsible the preparation of commercial SDLT calucatlion and returns and submitting them via various portals online. We have been told that the successful candidate will be have the following attributes:
- Ability to submit SDLT returns via SDLT.co.uk / HMRC
- Good knowledge of commercial transactions
- Experience of dealing with and being able to identify complex SDLT matters, i.e. linked transactions, overlap relief and holding over of leases
- Identifying potential issues / complications and liaising with tax partner
- Working to deadlines, e.g. new 14 day deadline for SDLT, able to diarise work and work independently towards deadlines/LR requisitions
- Confident in liaising directly with HMRC and the Land Registry and chasing fee earners for further information when needed
- Experience in preparation and submission of Land Registry applications, including large applications for development sites
- Knowledge of Land Registry rules i.e. when a lease needs registering/noting/registering easements etc
- Experience in completion of all Land Registry forms and understanding their purpose
The successful candidate will have at least 1-2 years' experience within Real Estate law. To discuss in more detail please send a current CV to email@example.com
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.