My client, a top tier financial institution is looking for a Senior Data Engineer, Data Analytics to join their team based in London. The role sits within the First line Risk Department, a front office risk management function. Specifically, the role is embedded within the Innovation and Change team. This team is composed of talented multi-disciplinary people which diverse and unique range of critical responsibilities.
The Innovation and Change team, is in charged with researching, developing, implementing the risk methodologies, as well as coordinating the change with stakeholders and IT. Other responsibilities include supporting default management readiness, identification of operational efficiencies, building tools and analytics across the Business area. The Innovation and Change team is able to leverage on its own technology stack and set of tools to achieve its objectives, which include the following: dedicated R runtime environment (R Studio server, R Shiny server), MongoDB, Qlik Sense, JIRA, Git, Jenkins, Confluence, Unix (and Windows) servers.
- Data Management:
- Design, develop and maintain scalable data pipelines for MongoDB
- Develop data ingestion, data pipelines and integrations processes
- R developments:
- Design, develop and maintain Proprietary R Packages
- Design, develop and maintain Shiny Dashboards
- Develop R Modules for risk management by implementing best practices
- Additional Features:
- Open minded to test and integrate new technologies into the stack
- Propose innovative solutions to enhance the core platform
- Works with system owners to resolve source data issues and refine transformation rules
- Develop and maintain R Shiny applications
- Actively engage in introducing standards, improving practices, and training others.
- Participate in architecture and solution design (including backend considerations)
- Project Management support
- As the team is in charge of administrating its own technology stack, the candidate is also expected to be involved with those aspects.
- Ideally minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Advanced R Coding Skills
- Good understanding of Shiny Framework, Unix OS.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org in subject quote "Data Analytics"
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.