Our client are a fast growing, international banking business. Due to extensive growth within the German market, in addition to increased regulatory compliance requirements from the ECB and BaFin, they have decided to create a new hybrid role in their Labour Relations function.
This exciting new role will be part of an excellent labour law team and will be responsible for the creation of new governance structures that enable our client to adhere to updated guidance from the regulators. As this role has not existed before in the bank, it's vital that this person brings not only a good knowledge of regulation & governance frameworks with them, but also that they are able to work both independently and as part of a team to mirror the hybrid nature of this role.
Required Experience & Skills
- Several years of previous experience in a regulatory-focused or labour law role
- Strong understanding of risk governance structures
- Good understanding of board level reg oversight and labour law
- Fluency in both German & English is mandatory
- Educated to degree standard (legal qualification preferred)
- Analytical mindset and an ability to work in a data-oriented environment
- Ability to work within an agile structure
- Experience in Financial Services (preferred but not essential)
- Driven and entrepreneurial mindset to meet the internal culture
- Technologically proficient and a mindset that always looks at ways to enhance efficiency
The bank itself is one of the most successful and fastest growing in the country, with a very fast-moving and agile practices oriented structure. They have a very informal and friendly culture - something they credit as being a major part of their success over the past few years. For someone who is keen to work in such an environment, this would be a very exciting next step in their career.
The SR Group (Germany) GmbH is acting as an external recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.