SENIOR LEGAL COUNSEL, CORPORATE AND COMMERCIAL, ARABIC, ABU DHABI
CLIENT: Our client is an integral part of Abu Dhabi's diverse heavy industry sector that spans the Middle East and assets beyond. They are doing well in a tough market, and now is the right time to bring in bi-lingual legal support in the form of a new arabic language Senior Legal Counsel.
ROLE: You will join a small team which forms part of a wider network and be an active part of driving the business and its deals. Supporting a strong General Counsel, you will assist on M&A, finance (limited) and day to day commercial mattes, as well as whatever comes up. You will naturally assist the rest of the team, internal and external business partners, as well as mentoring juniors and training new members.
CANDIDATE: Ideal candidates will hold the following criteria:
- Specific experience covering heavy industry.
- Western qualified with strong in-house and or international standard law firm work, with a preference for both.
- Based in the region already, or with significant current or previous exposure to the Middle East (though excellent overseas candidates may be considered).
- A skill set covering corporate, commercial, M&A, corporate governance, compliance and regulatory will be ideal.
- Team fit is very important, and although the work will be corporate and commercial in nature, strong candidates with backgrounds in finance or projects may also be considered.
- Due to the structure of the team, an ideal PQE fit will be 5-10. It is unlikely that more senior candidates can realistically be accommodated.
- It is vital that you have international standard law firm training, ideally from the UK market.
- You must also have Arabic language skills.
Please note that the jobs advertised here may represent just a selection of all the in-house roles we have running across the Middle East, Turkey and Africa region from our hub office in Dubai. To have a full overview of all the international roles available right now, please visit our constantly updated website at www.taylorroot.com
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.