A leading energy business underpinned by billions of dollars of yearly economic activity in Australia.
An exciting opportunity for a Technology Lawyer to become an integral member of a highly regarded Legal and Corporate Affairs team. Working alongside other Senior Counsel but operating with a high degree of autonomy.
You will work closely with the digital team to assist with IT contracting, procurement, transactional matters and privacy.
You will have a solid background as a Technology Lawyer, who can work independently, with good project management experience.
A Lawyer with solid drafting and negotiation ability, strong relationship building skills and the required technology expertise to advise relevant senior stakeholders. You will have gained at least 6 years' experience in a technology role from time spent in a reputable law firm and/or in-house.
- You will be responsible for drafting IT services and licensing agreements as well as general commercial contracts.
- Playing a lead role in negotiation of agreements with large technology service suppliers.
- Providing general corporate support and advising on operational and strategic matters from a legal perspective.
- Develop solid relationships with key internal clients and business units.
- Involvement in process improvement in relation to legal services offered.
- Minimum 6 years PAE with experience in technology and privacy matters.
- Significant corporate/commercial advisory and contracts experience as well as experience working on transactional matters.
- Strong stakeholder management and engagement skills.
- Inhouse experience in the energy sector would be beneficial, however it is not essential.
- Clear and persuasive written and spoken communication skills.
- Excellent ability to prioritise workflows and to drive projects forward.
To express interest in this position please email your CV to email@example.com or call Olivia Courtney on 02 9236 9000
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.taylorroot.com.au
Taylor Root is part of The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.